I’ve just replaced the nasty round red aluminium standoff’s with some shorter black hex ones.
Last few little bits were done this morning and first test flight not so good as she wanted to flip over.
You can probably guess the cause if I tell you it wasn’t props, yes that’s correct I’d connected my motors up wrong well I had basically reversed the connector so 2, 3 & 4 were swapped.
After this issue had been sorted she took to the sky and although she needs some trimming and PID adjustment she fly’s ok.
Final flying weight with a 1500mah battery is 444g
Video coming soon.
Here she is
Not quite finished as I still need to terminate the connection loom into a connector and also hook up the receiver to the flight controller although this is easy enough as I already have that cable ready made.
Bottom plate is now fully wired.
Each arm is connected with 2 short screw and 2 long ones, the short ones go through one 5mm spacer and the long ones point upwards with a 5mm on the bottom and another on the top with an m3 nut to hold them in place.
This means that the bottom plate is a sub assembly and can be taken off the quad to be worked on if needs be.
At the front is a small 6 way black connector and there is a small plug in wire harness to connect to the flight controller on the 2nd plate.
Just waiting for some more 5mm spacers to finish of the last arm and then the bottom can be mated to the top and the flight controller wired before first testing.
A few bits and pieces done today on the quad but I’m running out of bits I can do until my micro power distribution board and other bits and pieces including some liquid electrical tape.
I’ve removed the motor connection wires from 2 of the ESC’s and shortened the motor wires and soldered these direct to the ESC pads, I then tested which way this combination of wires made the motors turn by connecting the signal lead up to channel 3, throttle, on my 6 channel flysky receiver.
Both ESC’s have been wired up the same so that’s the 2 anti colockwise ones done and after I tested them I then removed the gnd and positive leads from the servo connector and de-soldered them from the PCB to save a bit of weight and make the wiring tidier.
Ok a bit more progress made on the mini H.
I returned home from holiday to a small box containing motors, esc’s and props.
I’ve rebuilt the frame using some nylon spacers so that there is room between the bottom 2 plates for a micro power distribution board.
The esc will be attached to the arms with heat shrink and the motor leads will be soldered directly to the esc pads to reduce the amount of wire.
At the moment I’m using my witespy quads Multi Pro 2 flight controller and it’s been secured in place with some foam pads but in the future I intend to use one of their Flip32+ FC’s
The good thing about this FC is that it has plenty of connections available and as you can see in the pic I have my Bluetooth module installed so that I can configure MultiWii from my android phone, I’ve temporarily powered the FC using one of my esc hooked up to a flight battery and it all connected ok.